Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Valpus analysis

So I write also my analysis.

METHOD
I have coverd (or upholstered) my chair with wool.
Techniques I used to make materials, were
  • knitting (with knittingmachine) (socks and seat-material)
  • matting (in washingmachine) (seat-material)
  • felting (backrest)
  • and weaving with pirta (backrest)
I sewed them up with sewingmachine. And techniques were all quite simple, but in a matting I had to take shrinkage into account and weaving was a time-consuming process, but I wanted to make it, because weaved laces belongs to national costumes, and it is one of techniques which I really can.
And in a making materials I had to think how much is enough.
I screwed screws throught knitted socks. Before it I put littlebit erikeeper to the socks, I think, it doesn't break down then so easily
We all had same kind of techniques and colours in our chairs, so combination be based only on same startingpoint and theme, but also on the same techniques and colours.

USE
I think, my and also all chairs in our interculturalchairsgroup are very usable.
I added padding to the seat so it's little bit softener, so it's also little bit more comfortable to sit on the chair.
Because wool isn't very durable material, I matted seat-cover-material, so I think now it's more durable.

AESTHETICS and EXPRESSIVITY
I think, all chairs of our group express very well our idea and startingpoint. They are reminding to national costumes and chairs resemble each other closely, but still they are individual (if chair can be ü).
Maybe other people don't see the interculturalism so easily because Latvian and Finnish national costumes resemble each other closely. However, someboby could notice Sulkava colors in my chair, but rythm on stripes is strange, because it comes from Latvia. And some Latvian could know pattern in backrest and rythm on seat, but colors are maybe strange. It's interculturality.
And I think, our chairs are beautiful, both alone and on group.
We all had same kind of techniques and colours in our chairs, so combination be based only on same startingpoint and theme, but also on the same techniques and colours.


CONTEXT
(I feel, I can't write anymore in English so I continue in Finnish ü )
Mielestäni tuolit sopivat hyvin kasvien keskelle kirjastoaulaan. Nyt aula on aivan tyhjä ja autio, mutta tuolit tuovat tilaan sopivasti eloa ja paikan pysähtyä.
Ajattelen, että meidän kansallispuku-interkulttuurisuus- teemamme sopii hyvin sekä tuohon tilaan, että tähän aikaan. Oletan, että kansallispuvut koetaan usein ehkä hiukan jämähtäneinä ja tunkkaisina vaatteina, mutta tuolimme tuovat niiden hengen tähän päivään. Ne ovat perinnettä ja perinteistä kulttuuria henkivät, mutta silti nykyaikaa ja erittäin tätä päivää edustavia tuoleja.
Voisin kuvitella, että tuoleilla istuvia, tai niitä ihastelevia (ü), voisi kiinnostaa, miten ja mihinkä perustuen tuoliryhmä on rakentunut.

Ja mie jätin tuoliini ne valkoset sukat, vaikka aluksi mietin, ettei ne sopis siihen.
Mutta kun kysyin muilta, heiän mielestä ne sukat oli hyvät, eikä väriero pistäny silmään, ni jätin ne sitte tuolille jalkaan. Kyllä ne varmaan sitoo sen tuolin paremmin yheksi osaksi valkosukkien kokonaisuutta.


after all,
I can say, this was good project and it has given to me quite much.
At the beginning I thought this is quite difficult project, because we had five different persons in our group and I thought it's quite hard to get good combination of chairs. But now I'm ready to admit, I'm surprised how good chair-combination we have made.
But I think we used quite much time to plan our chairs, colours and techinques during the process.
At the beginning I was scared also because of the language, because I really haven't to used english, but I have survived, come off. (But I had days I understand nothing and can't speak, but anyway ü)
Thanks! Kiitos!



No comments:

Post a Comment