To save time, I made some changes for my chair's design. First I decided to make the pattern of the back part more simple. I embroidered 3 diamonds which are found in the Finnish national costume and in the center diamond I put a Latvian traditional sign - grass snake. This sign symbolizes wisdom. Originally all Latvian traditional signs are construed basing on 90 degree angle, but the diamond has a 60 degree angle. I really like how these two shapes work together.
Some other changes were made for the sitting part. I decided not to make those small diamonds at the sides and leave only one line - reasons for this are that actually the chair is not wide enough and to make everything as I planned in the beginning would take too much time.
Here you can see the results. I think the two parts look really nice together because of the common shapes and colors and in general my chair looks good between our other chairs. They really make a great set.
I still haven't finished the whole parts, so I drew the 2 missing lines on Paint to show how my chair is going to look in the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment