Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hannas complete chair and analysis

Because the blog isn't allowing me to upload any photos I am using dropbox instead. So from the next two links you can see my final chair.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyqfp6em2to55mi/IMG_0236_25.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg7tl5xqdwd4udy/IMG_0234_25.jpg

My chair changed a bit from the original desingn because of time issues. I didn't do any "lautanauha" on my chair and also the socks are more simplified. But other ways the chair is just how I designed it to be. And I am very pleased with it.

And here are the analysis part.


Method

For the sitting part I made the fabric by knitting. I used blue, green and white wool yarn twofold. I removed the old fabric and took off all the old staples. I cut two more layers of padding so that the chair would be more comfortable. Then I stapled the new fabric on place. I put some glue also to the edges so when I cut the excess fabric it won't unravel.


The backrest I made from wool. It is felted from natural white wool. I cut two pieces from the felt and I emroidered some diamods with white wool yarn to one of them. Finally I sewed the parts together.


The socks I knitted with knitting machine. They are made from thin wool yarn. 

Usage


I think my chair is very usable and comfortable. Because of the extra padding it is more softer than before and more comfortable. Also I think that the sitting part is very durable because of the twofold yarn. 


Also the chair doesn't rocced when you sit on it so that way it is functioning, too.

Aesthetics and Expressiveness


 I think the colours that I chose to my chair harmonize very well together. Also it goes very well together with other chairs because of the similar colours and patterns. We all had stripes on the sitting part and almost all of us had some kind of diamonds in ous chairs. Also the materials make all five chairs like a one wholeness.

Context


I think our chairs fit perfectly in the intercultural context. We took things from both cultures including materials, techniques and patterns. Chairs make nice coherent combo and they kind of complements each other.


It was really nice to work with you all during this course. Even though we had some language probles we overcome them and managed to this course well. Thank you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment