At the beginning we decided to change one meeting time from April. So we are meeting 3rd of April at 12:15 instead of 4th. And the classroom in A225.
We had two main ideas about what we are going to do withing the course. The first one was about mixing Finnish and Latvian patterns and colors so that we would have made Finnish patterns with Latvian colors and vice versa. I promised to bring some books that I have for this idea to next meeting.
The second idea was about mixing national costumes and making the chairs into humans. I think that this one was more popular than the first one and we had a huge amount of ideas.
At the evening me and Anitta were still machine knitting when Tarja came and we asked about this course and how we should pursue. We told her that second idea and she was thrilled! :) She just loved our idea and promised to bring some material of which we can make samples. And we also took some linen yarns already. There were quite bright colors and we thought that linen would be good considering that our work is all about traditions.
-Hanna
And I also made all of you admins to this blog. So now you can change the look of this blog if you want :)
ReplyDeleteI can't come 3rd of April because of Swedish test. But if it is OK it's ok ü
ReplyDeleteI haven't been there in a first meeting, but I have thought, that maybe old patterns (from) national costumes, and folk tales (kansantarinat) (like a Kalevala in Finland) could be good starting points to planning.
It was nice to see, you have had the same ideas ü
I can also take some material (books) to the next meeting ü